The Loan Officer Assistant supports one or more Loan Officers by ensuring loan files are complete and loans close as scheduled. More specifically, their duties include:
- Assists the Loan Officer(s) in preparing preliminary loan packages for processing by obtaining missing documentation and other information from customers.
- Answers customers’ general questions regarding policy and procedures in the absence of the Loan Officer.
- Keeps customers, real estate agents, and titles companies informed of loan’s progress.
- Coordinating with processor(s), loan officer(s), and closer(s) to ensure loans efficient and timely loan closings.
- Help Loan Officer(s) maintain databases of customer information.
- Performs other administrative tasks, such as faxing, emailing, making telephone calls, to support the Loan Officer.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 yrs experience in mortgage lending/compliance of FHA/VA/FNMA/FHLMC
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a Loan Officer Licensing with the State
- Customer Service Orientation
- Have knowledge of investors programs, guidelines, application and disclosing process
- Capable of Multitasking and time management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Works well in a fast paced team environment
- Must have strong computer knowledge
- Must be proficient at scanning, attaching documents, web related research and various computer software
- Bachelor’s degree is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Bilingual fluency in both English & Spanish is a major plus, but also not a requirement.
About Service First Mortgage
At Service First, our unique values serve as a compass for our actions and are the foundation of our culture.
We empower consumers with responsible home loans that effect positive change in their financial freedom.
We believe that financially secure individuals make for a safer, sustainable community.
We promote innovation and are purposefully dynamic in our growth processes. We change, not just for the good of ourselves, but for the good of everyone involved.
We hire people with the ability to think creatively, who use inspiration and imagination to solve problems by looking at them from unexpected perspectives; discarding the obvious, leaving behind the traditional modes of thought, and throwing away preconceptions.
We hire people with the ability to question assumptions and offer solutions that seem impossible; take calculated risks; take what might be seen as a problem and turn it into an opportunity; are able to bring paradigm shifts in product, processes or systems because of their thoughts and new ways of thinking; give feasible ideas and not just tangent thoughts.
Service First Mortgage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service First Mortgage complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.